The following procedure configures an e-mail/page action for an advanced alert.
Note: Emails and pages are sent in plain text.
To configure an email/page action for an advanced alert:
1. Click E-mail/Pager Addresses, and then
2. Complete the To, CC, BCC, Name, and Reply Address fields.
Note: You must provide at least one email address in the To field, and multiple addresses must be separated with commas. Some pager systems require a valid reply address to complete the page.
3. Click Message.
4. Type the Subject and Message of your alert trigger email/page.
Note: Messaging is disabled if both Subject and Message fields are empty.
5. If you want to insert a variable in to the Subject or Message field, click the location of the new variable, and then complete the following procedure:
a. Click Insert Variable.
b. Select a Variable Category.
c. Select the variable you want to add.
d. If you want to change the parser, check Change Parser, and then select the parser you want to use.
e. If you want to define the SQL variable to copy to the clipboard, check Define SQL Variable, and then click Insert Variable From Above List.
f. Click Build Selected Variable.
6. Click SMTP Server.
7. Type the Hostname or IP Address of your SMTP Server and the designated SMTP Port Number.
Note: The SMTP server hostname or IP address field is required. You cannot send an email/page alert without identifying the SMTP server.
8. If your SMTP server requires authentication, select This SMTP Server requires Authentication.
9. Click Time of Day.
10. Enter the time period over which you want to activate your alert action.
11. Select the days on which you want to activate your alert action.
12. If you want to enable alert escalation, click the Alert Escalation tab, and then check any of the following options, as appropriate for your alert:
13. If you are finished configuring your email/page alert action, click OK.