The Polling Engine Load Balancer is a useful tool for reassigning nodes to a new polling engine, deleting an unused polling engine, and performing load balancing between multiple polling engines. The tool is available within the Monitor Polling Engines application, which is an advanced feature of Orion IPAM. Reassigning nodes to new polling engines may be required in the following situations:
If these or any other conditions present the need for reassignment, complete the following procedure to reassign nodes to a new polling engine.
To reassign nodes to a different polling engine:
1. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Orion Service Manager.
2. Click Shutdown Everything.
Note: Confirm that you stop the SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor Service on all polling engines.
3. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Monitor Polling Engines.
4. Click Servers > Poller Load Balancing.
5. Select the nodes you want to reassign.
6. Click Polling Engines > Move Selected Nodes to *, substituting the target polling engine for *. The node is reassigned, and it reflects the name of the polling engine in the polling engine column.
7. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Orion Service Manager to restart Orion services.