When browsing the IPAM Web Console, audible alerts can be sounded whenever new alerts are generated. When enabled, you will receive an audible alert the first time, after login, that an alert is displayed on the page. This alert may come from either an alert resource or the Alerts view. You will not receive audible alerts if the Alerts view or the alert resource you are viewing is empty.
Following the initial alert sound, you will receive an audible alert every time an alert is encountered that was triggered later than the latest alert that has already been viewed.
For example, a user logs in and sees a group of alerts with trigger times ranging from 9:01AM to 9:25AM, and the user receives an audible alert. If the user browses to a new page or allows the current page to auto-refresh, a new alert sounds if and only if an alert triggered later than 9:25AM is then displayed.
To enable audible web alerts:
1. Log in to the IPAM Web Console as an administrator.
2. Click Settings in the top right of the web console.
3. Click Account Manager in the Accounts grouping of the Orion Website Administration page.
4. Select the account you want to configure.
5. Click Edit.
6. Select the sound file you want to play when new alerts arrive from the Alert Sound list.
Note: By default, sounds are stored in the Sounds directory, located at
C:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\NetPerfMon\Sounds. Sounds in
.wav format that are added to this directory become available as soon as the Edit User Account page refreshes.
7. Click Submit.