The following procedure is a guide to setting user account access.
To edit a user account:
1. Log in to the IPAM Web Console as an administrator.
2. Click Settings in the top right of the web console.
3. Click Account Manager in the Accounts grouping of the Orion Website Administration page.
4. Select the account that you want to edit, and then click Edit.
5. Set Account Enabled to Yes or No.
Note: Accounts are enabled by default, and disabling an account does not delete it. Account definitions and details are stored in the Orion database in the event that the account is enabled at a later time.
6. If you want the account to expire on a certain date, click Browse next to the Account Expires field, and then select the account expiration date using the calendar tool.
Note: By default, accounts are set to Never expire. Dates may be entered in any format, and they will conform to the local settings on your computer.
7. If you want to allow the user to remain logged-in indefinitely, select Yes for the Disable Session Timeout option.
Note: By default, for added security, new user accounts are configured to timeout automatically.
8. If you want to grant administrator rights to the selected account, set Allow Administrator Rights to Yes.
9. If you want to allow the user to manage nodes directly from the IPAM Web Console, set Allow Node Management Rights to Yes.
Note: By default, node management rights are not granted. For more information about node management in the IPAM Web Console, see Managing Devices in the Web Console.
10. If you want to allow the user to customize views, set Allow Account to Customize Views to Yes.
Note: By default, customized view creation is not allowed. Changes made to a view are seen by all other users that have been assigned the same view.
11. Designate whether or not to Allow Account to Clear Events and Acknowledge Alerts.
12. Select whether or not to Allow Browser Integration.
Note: Browser integration can provide additional functionality, including access to right-click menu options, depending on client browser capabilities.
13. If you want to enable audible alerts through the client browser, select a sound from the Alert Sound list.
Note: By default, sounds are stored in the Sounds directory, located at
C:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\NetPerfMon\Sounds. Sounds in
.wav format that are added to this directory become available as soon as the Edit User Account page refreshes.
14. Provide the maximum Number of items in the breadcrumb list.
Note: If this value is set to 0, all available items are shown in breadcrumb drop-down lists.