The following procedure provides the steps required to edit monitored object properties using the Node Management utility of the IPAM Web Console.
To edit object properties in the IPAM Web Console:
1. Log in to the IPAM Web Console as an administrator.
2. Click Settings in the top right of the web console, and then click Manage Nodes in the Node & Group Management grouping.
3. Locate the object to edit using either of the following methods:
Use the search tool above the node list to search your Orion database for either the object you want to edit or the parent node of the volume you want to edit.
Select an appropriate Group by criteria, and then click the appropriate group including either the node to edit or the parent of the object to edit.
4. If you want to edit the properties of a monitored node, check the node you want to edit, and then click Edit Properties.
5. If you want to edit the properties of a monitored object, click + next to the parent node of the object you want to edit, check the object you want to edit, and then click Edit Properties.
6. If you are editing the SNMP properties of a node, click Test after providing new settings to confirm they are valid for the edited node.
7. If the selected node is a VMware ESX Server and you want to poll it for data using the VMware API, confirm that Poll for VMware is selected.
8. If you want to poll for ESX data using an existing ESX credential, select the appropriate credential from the VMware credentials dropdown menu.
9. If you want to poll for ESX data using a new ESX credential, complete the following steps:
a. Select <New Credential> in the Choose Credential drop-down menu, and then provide a new credential name in the Credential Name field.
Note: SolarWinds recommends against using non-alphanumeric characters in VMware credential names.
b. Add the credential User name and Password, as necessary.
c. Confirm the password, and then click Validate VMware to confirm the credentials you have provided are valid for the edited node.
10. Edit additional device properties as needed, and then click Submit.