The Counter Rollover setting configures Orion IPAM to properly handle counter rollovers. Orion IPAM is capable of handling either 32 bit or 64 bit counters, but, by default, Orion IPAM assumes counters are 32 bit. 32 bit counters have a maximum value of 232, or 4,294,967,296, and 64-bit counters, if they are supported by your network devices, have a maximum value of 264, or 18,446,744,073,709,551,616.
Note: The 32 bit counters option is designated as Method 1 in the Counter Rollover field on the Orion Polling Settings page.
The following procedure designates the type of counter handling used by Orion IPAM.
To designate the type of counter handling used by Orion IPAM:
1. Log in to the web console as an administrator.
2. Click Settings in the top right of the web console.
3. Click Polling Settings in the Settings grouping of the Orion Website Administration page.
4. If you are using 64 bit counters, select Method 2 in the Counter Rollover field in the Calculations & Thresholds area.
5. If you are using of 32 bit counters, select Method 1 in the Counter Rollover field in the Calculations & Thresholds area.
Note: If Method 1 is selected, when a rollover is detected, the time between polls is calculated as (232 Last Polled Value) + Current Polled Value.