The following procedure creates a custom view that will be used to display monitoring information for devices in a selected group.
To create a custom, group-based view:
- Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > IPAM Web Console.
- Log in to the web console as an administrator.
- Click Settings in the top right corner of the web console.
- Click Add New View in the Views grouping of the Orion Website Administration page.
- In the Name of New View field, provide a name for the custom view.
- In the Type of View selection field, select Group Details.
- Click Submit.
- If you want to change the column layout of your custom view, click Edit to the right of the column widths, and then configure the column layout of your view as follows:
- Select the number of columns under Layout.
- Provide the width, in pixels, of each column in the appropriate fields..
- Click Submit.
- Repeat the following steps for each resource added to your custom view:
- Resources already in your view will not be checked on this page, as it is a view of all web console resources. It is, therefore, possible to pick duplicates of resources you are already viewing.
- Several options on the Add Resources page are added to the list of resources for a page, but the actual configuration of a given map, link, or code is not added until the page is previewed.
- Some resources may require additional configuration. For more information, see Resource Configuration Examples.
- Click + next to the column in which you want to add a resource.
- Click + next to a resource group on the Add Resources page to expand the resource group, displaying available resources.
- Check all resources you want to add.
- If you have completed the addition of resources to the selected view, click Submit.
- If you want to delete a resource from a column, select the resource, and click X next to the resource column to delete the selected resource.
- If you want to copy a resource in a column, select the resource, and click next to the resource column to delete the selected resource.
- If you want to rearrange the order in which resources appear in your view, select resources, and then use the arrow keys to rearrange them.
- If you have finished configuring your view, click Preview.
A preview of your custom web console displays in a new window. A message may display in the place of some resources if information for the resource has not been polled yet. For more information, see Resource Configuration Examples.
- Close the preview window.
- If you are satisfied with the configuration of your view, click Done.