After you have added your DHCP server as a Node you can now add the server to IPAM.
Windows DHCP Server Requirements.
For Cisco requirements click here.
For ISC requirements click here.
For BIND requirments click here.
To add and configure a DHCP server:
- Click on the DHCP & DNS Monitoring tab.
- Click Add New DHCP Server.
- Select the DHCP node to be added from the list of nodes.
- Choose or create the necessary credentials from the drop down list. Then click Test to verify the credential.
- Select the DHCPServer Scan Settings. Default is set to four hours.
- If you want to automatically add new scopes and subnets after scanning, check the box.
- If you want IPAM to scan for additional IP Address details using ICMP and SNMP, check the Enable subnet scanning to pick up additional IP Address details box and select the scanning interval.
- To finish, click Add DHCP Server.
- IPAM needs the Windows account to have the Interactive log on rights, that is, Allow log on Locally.
- All Windows credentials are sent in clear text during configuration only. Consider updating credentials while locally logged into the IPAM server or over an HTTPS connection.
The Windows account specified within IPAM must exist on the DHCP server and be a member of one of the three following groups:
IPAM impersonates the specified account on the local computer in order gain access. If the IPAM computer is not within the same windows domain as the DHCP server, the IPAM computer must have the identical account and password.