IPAM offers the historical tracking of addresses to see how certain properties have changed over time. For example, you can track MAC addresses and hostnames previously assigned to an IP Address.
This feature is available from the IP Address view page by clicking View Details and the Search Results page, where you can select the option to include historical results previously assigned to an IP Address.
To view Historical Tracking options from the IP Address view:
- Select the IP Address you want to view.
- Click View Details.
To view Historical Tracking options using the Search feature:
- Enter a Search term and proceed to the Search Results page.
- Click View Assignment History.
- Select one of the following: IP Address Assignment History, MAC Assignment History, and DNS Assignment History.
- The displayed DateTime format depends on browser settings, not on regional system settings.
- For IP addresses that are previously deleted, and then added once again with a different node ID, IPAM history will display historical information from the date of the most recent node ID. Any information prior to the recent addition is deleted from IPAM history. IPAM does not retain historical information for deleted IP addresses.