If you decide to move your SolarWinds product to another server, you must deactivate the license on the computer with the currently licensed product, and reactivate it on the server with the new installation.
To be able to deactivate and reuse a license without contacting SolarWinds Customer Service, your product needs to be under active maintenance.
- Log in to the computer where the currently licensed SolarWinds product is installed.
- Start the License Manager in the SolarWinds program folder.
- Select the products you want to deactivate on this computer, and click Deactivate.
Complete the deactivation wizard, and save the deactivation file. Log in to the SolarWinds Customer Portal, and navigate to the License Management page. Select your product instance, and click Deactivate License Manually. In the Manage License Deactivation page, locate the deactivation file you created in License Manager, and click Upload.
- You can deactivate more than one product at the same time. In this case, the deactivation file will contain information about each product.
- In certain products, you can deactivate licenses by using the internal licensing tool of the product.
The deactivated licenses are now available to activate on a new computer.
The new License Manager tool allows offline deactivation with a created file that can be uploaded to the customer portal. Log in to the computer on which to install your products, and begin installation. When asked to specify your licenses, provide the appropriate information. The license you deactivated earlier is assigned to the new installation.