The following procedure provides the steps that are required to add SolarWinds Servers to SolarWinds EOC. This procedure applies to the following SolarWinds products:
- IP Address Manager (IPAM)
- Network Configuration Manager (NCM) 7.0 and later
- Network Performance Monitor (NPM)
- Server & Application Monitor (SAM) (formerly APM)
- User Device Tracker (UDT)
- VoIP and Network Quality Manager (VNQM, formerly IP SLA)
The UTC system time of the SolarWinds Servers you are connecting to must be within five minutes of the SolarWinds EOC server. For security reasons, SolarWinds EOC cannot communicate with SolarWinds Servers that have a greater time difference.
- Log in to the SolarWinds EOC Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings.
- Click Add SolarWinds Servers.
- Type a display name for this SolarWinds Server in the SolarWinds Server Name field.
This name is for display purposes only.
- Type the IP address or host name of the SolarWinds Server in the IP address or host name field:
- SolarWinds EOC only supports SolarWinds Servers with IPv4 addresses.
- SolarWinds EOC only recognizes hostnames that follow standard DNS naming conventions, which require that hostnames be composed of alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9), the minus sign (-), and periods (.). Underscore characters (_) are not allowed.
- Type the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the SolarWinds Server Web Console in the Website URL field.
- Type a username and password with sufficient access to the SolarWinds Server web console resources you want to monitor in the SolarWinds Server credentials section.
- Specify how often you want SolarWinds EOC to poll this SolarWinds Server in the Polling Interval field. The default interval value is 300 seconds.
- In the Enable Server list, select Yes, enable this server.
- Click Test.
- If the test fails, correct the error reported in the error message bar, and then click Test again.
- If the test passes, click Add Server.