You can do the following with Trap Receiver settings:
- Decode or show the raw data of trap OIDs.
- Filter from what IP addresses, subnets, or address ranges you accept traps.
- Filter what SNMP community strings to accept.
- Log traps to a file.
Set SNMP Trap Receiver settings
- Click File > Settings.
Click the General tab, and then specify to decode trap OIDs.
If you are analyzing a trap to ensure capture by your network management solution, you should view results both ways. Not all network solutions decode trap OIDs. This setting is applied to traps received after it is configured.
- Click the Device Filter tab, and then add the addresses to accept.
- Click the Community Filter tab, and then add the community strings from which to accept traps.
- Click the Logging tab, and then provide the path and name for your log file.
- Click OK.