The SolarWinds NetFlow Configurator provides a simple, wizard-driven tool to remotely configure your NetFlow-capable Cisco routers. At this time, support for version 5 of NetFlow is provided.
NetFlow Configurator uses SNMP to change the running config of the NetFlow-capable device. If your device cannot be updated using SNMP, it does not support the OID 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.318.104.22.168.1, and then NetFlow Configurator cannot update the NetFlow configuration of the device. The following Cisco IOS versions support the configuration of NetFlow using SNMP:
- 12.4(10) or later
- 12.4(10)T or later
- 12.2S or later
Configure NetFlow-capable Cisco router
All information about all NetFlow data flowing through the device is exported to the specified hosts. Exported data is not confined to traffic generated or received on specific interfaces.
- Open NetFlow Configurator from the program menu.
- Specify the host name orIP address of the NetFlow device you want to configure.
- Select the version of SNMP you to use when communicating with this device.
The community string or SNMP version 3 credentials you provide must have read and write access to the device.
- Click .
- Confirm that the Device Info section includes the device information.
That is, ensure you are modifying the correct device.
- Specify the information in the Device NetFlow Configuration section of the window, and then click .
- Provide the IP addresses and ports of the host you want the device to target with exported NetFlow data in the fields. NetFlow data can be exported to 2 different collection points.
- Select the ingress (incoming relative to the device) and egress (outgoing relative to the device) interface traffic you want to monitor. If you are using the NetFlow Configurator to set up NetFlow on a router for use with Orion NetFlow Traffic Analyzer, only the ingress traffic should be monitored.
- To configure another router or switch, click . Otherwise, click .