You can get started quickly by scanning a network subnet.
- Click .
- Enter a name for the subnet.
This name is used in the navigation tree on the left of the user interface, and as the window name in the right pane.
- Enter an IP address in the subnet you want to scan.
- Enter the subnet mask, and then click .
The following information is reported for each IP address:
- IP address status, for example,
- DNS name
- Days from the last response
- Machine enter (For target devices that support SNMP)
- System Name (For target devices that support SNMP)
- Location (For target devices that support SNMP)
- Response Time
- Add comments for each address
- You do not need to leave IP address Management running. Many customers run the tool only when assigning IP addresses. They scan the subnet to update the current IP address details just before they assign an IP address.
- If you do leave the tool running, IP address Management has a better opportunity to report every used IP address. If you leave IP address Management running, any devices that were powered off during the initial scan are retrieved when the device is powered up.