Interface gadgets enable you to monitor detailed statistics from your network device interface such as bandwidth, percent utilization, broadcast packets and more.
- To filter your search by name, status or type, you must specify the search parameter associated with the selected filter. For example, select
Interfaces with Status method, and then select
Up as the search parameter.
- Interface search results are cached to improve search speed. To clear the cache, click Clear Cached Interfaces from Selected Hosts.
- Click Gadgets > Monitoring, and then drag any interface gadget to a tab.
- Click Gadget Settings.
- If the devices with the interfaces you want to monitor have:
- been added to the Workspace Studio: select the devices, and then click Next.
- have not been added to the Workspace Studio: complete the following:
- Enter the IP address or host name of a device.
- Select the device credentials used to collect SNMP data for the device, or click Discover a Credential.
- Click Next.
- Configure the discovery method used to find your interfaces:
- Click the Discover list.
- Select the method to use to find the target interfaces, and then click Go.
- Select the interface monitor.
- Select the statistics to monitor, and then click Create Chart Items.
- Click Next.
You can view statistic across multiple interfaces. For example, if you have a device with two interfaces, and you can view outbound traffic as a whole instead of viewing two individual outbound statistics.
Select the interfaces to aggregate, click Aggregate Interfaces, and then click OK.