The following error messages are encountered on the Engineer's Toolset TFTP server:
- System.net.socket.socketexception Only one usage of each socket address is normally permitted.
- Cannot start SolarWinds TFTP service. Application will be closed.
These error messages appear if the TCP port 8099 is used by another application. The Internet Information Service typically uses this port when it is configured for remote administration.
Warning: This procedure requires you to restart the IIS Admin Service, which will disrupt all other websites hosted by IIS, and also restart the SMTP, POP3 and +D66d HTTP SSL services.
Test if port 8099 is in use by IIS:
- Open cmd.
- Enter netstat -a
- Check for items under the Local Address column that include 8099 to verify that IIS is using the port.
- Configure IIS to use a different port. Refer to How to change the TCP port for IIS services.
Configure IIS to no longer use port 8099:
- Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services Manager.
- In the Computer Management list, expand ServerName and then expand Web Sites.
- Click the Web Site tab.
- Replace the default values in the TCP Port and SSL Port boxes with the new port values.
- Restart the IIS Admin Service.