Updated August 29, 2016
Your DPA repository database may grow to a large size when you monitor database instances hosted on virtual machines (VM) with a large number of disk devices.
DPA collects Disk Drive metrics for VMs on a small sampling frequency, which may make the repository database grow quickly for large environments.
For VMs with many disk devices, you can disable the Disk Device metrics to save space in the DPA repository database.
- On the DPA home page, click a monitored database instance that is hosted on a VM.
- Click the Resources tab in the upper right.
- Click the Disk Device sub-tab.
- Click Settings under the graph for the metric you want to disable.
- Select the Custom Resource Settings, and clear the Enable Data Collection check box.
- Save your changes.
- Click OK to save for this VM.
- Click Save as Default to make this the default configuration for all VMs.
- Repeat steps 4 - 6 for other metrics you want to disable.