If you are upgrading from SolarWinds DPA 9.0 or earlier, you will use the new instance-based licenses provided with your upgrade. Before upgrading, log in to the SolarWinds Customer Portal and verify your instance-based keys listed as Category 1, Category 2, and VM Option.
- Review the upgrade checklist and prepare your environment.
- Download the most recent version of SolarWinds DPA from the SolarWinds Customer Portal.
- Run the installer.
- When prompted, verify your instance-based Category 1 or Category 2 activation key.
- Follow the installer instructions.
- Open a web browser and go to your SolarWinds DPA server.
- Click Enter Activation Key.
- Activate a key using the online or offline method, and click Done.
- Click Proceed with Upgrade.