SolarWinds SAM provides an Application Stack (or AppStack) with an interactive visual map that displays a detailed view of your environment. This map helps you identify the root cause of performance and availability issues.
SolarWinds DPA 10.2 introduces a new category called Database Instances in the AppStack environment.
Assess database instances in the AppStack
Use AppStack to assess the overall health of your database instances and to troubleshoot specific and related problems.
- Click My Dashboards > Home > Environment.
- Expand the Database Instances category. The objects listed first are the highest priority.
- Click an object to highlight related objects and gray out unrelated objects.
- Click Spotlight to remove unrelated objects. This image shows a relationship between the database instance and an application:
- To investigate further, click the selected object.
- The selected object opens to the relevant Database Instance Details page.
The AppStack view is also available at the database instance level, and only shows the relationships for that instance. This view is called the Mini-AppStack.
- Click My Dashboards > Databases > Databases Summary.
- Under All Database Instances, click the name of an instance.
- On the Database Instance Details page, locate the AppStack Environment resource.