Beginning in DPA 9.0, you can create alerts based on resource metrics, such as CPU utilization, memory usage, and others. This article describes how to create alerts based on these metrics.
The DPA resource metrics include Critical and Warning thresholds that you configure with default settings. Each metric value determines if it is a Critical or Warning status on the home page and whether an alert is generated based on your settings. You can tune or customize these settings based on your needs.
View or set thresholds
- Click a DPA monitored instance on the home screen.
- Click the Resources tab.
- Click the tab or group (such as CPU, Memory or Session) that requires a threshold setting change.
- Locate the targeted chart and click Settings.
- Click Settings under the targeted resource.
- Click Custom and set the Critical and Warning values.
- Click OK.
If you want to set this value for all future instances, click Save as Default.
Set an alert for the default or custom threshold
- Click Alerts in the toolbar.
- Click the Manage Alerts tab and select Resources.
- Click the Alert Type drop-down menu and select the appropriate alert type.
Select Single Resource Metric to evaluate the metric values of a specific resource over a period of time.
Select All Metrics in a Category to evaluate all resource metrics in a specified category over a period of time.
- Click Create Alert.
- Select the targeted instance for the alert.
- Click the Category drop-down menu and select an alert category.
- Click the Resource drop-down menu and select a resource or metric.
- Set the Calculation and percentage values for a custom metric (if required).
- Set the recipient in the High, Warning, and Broken levels.
- Click Save.