By default, Ignite connects via TCP/IP when creating a repository in SQL Server or registering a SQL Server instance to be monitored.
Ignite can be configured to connect using Named Pipes.
Connections to an Ignite Repository on SQL Server using Named Pipes may provide better performance when the Ignite PI Server and repository are located on the same machine.
DPA version 8.0
1. In the Database Instance Registration or Repository Creation Wizard, click the Advanced Connection Properties link.
2. In the JDBC URL Properties field, enter namedPipe=true, and then click OK.
Ignite will now use Named Pipes to connect to the SQL Server instance.
Use Named Pipes by Default
If the Repository has already been created, the connection can be changed to use Named Pipes for all new database registrations.
1. Open repo.properties file found in <ignite_install_directory>/iwc/tomcat/ignite_config/idc.
2. Add the following line:
Update an Existing Database to use Named Pipes
To use Named Pipes when connecting to an existing SQL Server instance:
1. Go to the Options page.
2. Run the Update Monitored Database Connection wizard.
3. Select JDBC URL Properties.
4. Enter namedPipe=true, and then click OK.