Mini Chat crashes on remote systems after upgrading the MRC client from v7 to v8.
This is a known issue in version 8.x of the MRC client agent and upgrading to version 9.0 fixes it.
DameWare Mini Remote Control version 8
Upgrade the affected clients to version 9.0 of the MRC client agent.
To upgrade the MRC client agent to version 9.0:
- Remove the MRC client agent from the remote computer:
Note: If you get System Error: 1722 - RPC Server is unavailable, enable file and printer sharing on the remote computer and repeat this procedure. For additional information, see http://support.dameware.com/faq/faq.aspx?Category=103#135.
- Open MRC on the local computer.
- If the Remote Connect window does not open automatically, select Connect from the File menu.
- On the Remote Connect window, select Remove Service from the File menu.
- Enter the hostname of the remote computer.
- Click OK.
- Delete the folder, C:\Windows\dwrcs on the remote system.
- Install version 9.0 of the MRC client agent on the remote computer.