Updated November 21, 2016
This is a guide on how to disable Shared Secret keys on Dameware MRC.
Dameware Mini Remote Control v12
Option 1: Reinstall client service agent
- See the Install and remove the Dameware Client Agent service article.
- In step 4 of the installation process, click Session.
- Make sure that the Use Shared Secret option is not selected.
Option 2: If you still have access to the machine:
- Remote to the target machine.
- Right click the MRC tray icon > click Settings.
- Click Session.
- Deselect the Use Shared Secret option.
- Click OK in the next 2 options and then wait until the service agent is reconfigured.
- Try to remote again without Shared Secret keys.