Remove the DameWare Server role
- Stop the DameWare Server service.
- Delete the following folders:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\DameWare Server
- C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\DameWare Development
- C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\DameWare Development
- C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SolarWinds\DameWare Server
- C:\Users\All Users\SolarWinds
- C:\Users\All Users\DameWare
- Delete the following files:
- C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\DameWare Administration Console.lnk
- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\DameWare Administration Console.lnk
- Delete the following Registry keys:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DameWare Development\Administration Console
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DameWare Development Common Data
- For 64 bit Operating System: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\DameWare Development Common Data
Note: No error message will appear when a Proxy Server is uninstalled during an OTI connection.
Remove the DameWare DB file
DameWare DB is left in the system even after uninstalling DameWare Server Role. DB files store all user settings. The file is created during installation from a CSV by a tool and is set up by default values.
Uninstallation is done using Advanced installer. This tool only uninstalls files it had previously created. DameWare DB file is not created by the Advanced installer, causing it to ignore the file and leave it in the system.
Note: It is not recommended to remove the file by default.
Manually remove DameWare DB file to have a clean uninstall without any trace of the old settings.
- Go to the location of the file. The location will depend on the Operating System, or if the path has been changed during installation.
- 32 bit Operating System: C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\DameWare Server
- 64 bit Operating System: C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\DameWare
- Remove all files related to Windows registry.