When you enter a valid IPv6 address, you receive a server connection error similar to the following:
Dameware Central Server was not found on specified location. Please try different server connection details or contact your administrator.
Use one of the following options to resolve the issue:
- Connect using the host name instead of the IP address.
- Create an entry for the Central Server in your host file.
To create a host file entry:
- Open Notepad with administrative privileges, and go to the host file - C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
- Add the following entry to the host file where IPv6address is the address of the DameWare Central Server and hostname is the name that you want to use to connect to the Central Server. The host name should not be registered to other computers in your network.
- Save the host file.
- Use the host name you created in the host file to connect to the DameWare Central Server.